Then who can forget the family recipe tradition. From generation to generation – I stood by my mom to learn and now my daughter stands by me.
Nowadays we search the web to make a recipe, and I think it loses the connection with the person creating or teaching the recipe.
New Media is a great way to preserve recipes, I decided to share the Crepes recipe that a dear friend taught me how to do – it has become a favorite in my family, and I will dedicate it to my friend Roula who is in Australia.
Though I am a fan of traditions passed down from generation to generation, the world we live in allows those parted generations to continue said tradition via New Media. So while I will share this now family recipe, I do have but one kind request.
When you take the recipe from here you share it in person with your friend, or your family and simply tell them that you found it on Momi’s Choice.
From one Mother to Another,
Here are the ingredients:
2 Cups of Milk (I use Lactose free Milk but you can use any milk.)
1½ cups of flour. Mix
½ Teaspoon of baking powder
½ Teaspoon of vanilla
2 Tablespoons of butter (melted)
- Crack the two eggs.
- Pour the 2 cups of milk.
- Pour in the 1 ½ cups of cake flour.
- Add the ½ teaspoon of baking powder. Add the ½ teaspoon of vanilla.
- Melt the butter on the Crepes pan and pour into the mixing bowl.
- Mix all together and pour one scoop at a time.
- Bake on each side until golden.
- Enjoy with anything you might fancy: salty or sweet, ham & cheese, chocolate & strawberries.
Pictures taken by son.